Remember that post I wrote last month about the eye candy galore happening all along Route 1 in downtown Hyattsville, well – things are getting even sweeter with some eye and ear and belly and headspace and all types of actual candy happening along Route 1 this Friday at the SoHy Collective‘s inaugural Final Friday Art Walk!
Final Friday Art Walk is a free, community event, spearheaded by Bronwyn King of Studio SoHy, which celebrates Hyattsville artists and businesses this Friday, 5-7pm. While you’re welcome to explore however you see fit, I’d recommend consulting the fabulous flier, created by Hyattville’s own Betsy Martin, and do as follows: Follow a glowing art path through the alleys from Green Owl Design down to Art Works Now and circle back! As this is a way for you to explore and support our local small businesses, go ahead and step inside some of them. Chat with the owners. Learn about what makes them tick and why your $20 spent here goes much farther and means so much more than the same spent in a place you don’t call home.
Totally going to have my kids – and maybe moi – dress up as we walk around and check out MF Brass Connection!?!?! What?! They’ll be strolling the alleys, playing their “feel-good” music. How awesome is this? You’ve heard these musically gifted gents do their thang outside various Metro stations. Their Stevie jams get me all the time. So drawn in by their effusive beats that I end up late for meetings…totally worth it. 😄
Check ’em out:
- Check out the stem craft from Artist & Craftsman Supply in Polka Dot Park and the employee art show in their store!
- Does your Halloween costume need a little ink? Satchmoe Art is offering small Halloween tattoos for $25!
- Want to conjure up some magic? Head on over to Green Owl Design to try a Witches’Brew cocktail!
- Ever been to an Ask-An-Author pop-up? Hyattsville’s very own Mary Amato is popping-up right inside Pyramid Atlantic. Come take a peek inside her writer’s notebook and enter for a chance to win an autographed copy of one of her books!
- Speaking of pop-ups, Uzu Ramen is bringing their Japanese comfort food back to Hyattsville because they were shown so much love the last time around. Get there before they sell out!!
- Feeling brave? Check out the DIY Haunted Hallway between Tanglewood Works and Three Little Birds Sewing!
There will also be kids art activities at Art Works Now, discounts at Pizzeria Paradiso, a tour of Streetcar 82 Brewing Company — and more!